Michael J. Conaty
PO Box 10904
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08906
09/2012 – Present
Innovative Publishing Company, LLC – Web Developer
- Freelance web and email developer for leading publisher in the Food Safety, Medical Cannabis Testing, and Medical Device spaces.
- Create 4 – 6 weekly hand-coded HTML email newsletters, and 3 – 5 third party emails for advertisers, using the Act-On Software platform.
- In 2015, completed total website redesigns for two IPC properties: MedTech Intelligence and Food Safety Tech, moving from a proprietary CMS to WordPress.
- Launched a third WordPress site for the company, Cannabis Industry Journal in late 2015.
- Website redesigns included total overhaul of the publishing process, as well as customization of WordPress functions, SEO work, and site architectures, resulting in increased search engine visibility, a 300% increase in email newsletter opt-ins, and a 59% increase in page views in Q4 year to year.
- Build and maintain 10 – 15 conference sites using the Cvent platform.
- Act as de-facto IT department for other IPC remote workers, troubleshooting both hardware and software issues.
06/2003 – Present
Brunswick Media Services LLC – Producer
New Brunswick, NJ
- Co-founded audio production and marketing consulting firm as a part-time venture in 2003, growing to a full-time, audio/video, web, and marketing firm serving clients in the not-for-profit, and B2B sectors.
- Produced safety training videos for clients including: Hartz Mountain Corporation, PortsAmerica, ICL Performance Products LP, and Gerdau AmeriSteel; process documentation videos for clients including: Dome-Tech, Inc., Related Companies, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital; and sales videos for clients including: FastCorp LLC, The Gutster LLC, and The State Theatre (New Brunswick, NJ).
- Video production work includes all aspects of pre-production (scriptwriting, scheduling, staffing, budgeting, casting, and development;) production (camera setup, shooting, directing, lighting, and set decoration;) and post-production (editing, voice over directing, audio finishing, package design, and duplication.)
- Develop, design, and code strategic, standards-compliant websites for clients including: Finance Arts LLC, SoboConsulting LLC, New Brunswick Cultural Center, Inc., Murray Public Relations, ViSano Consulting LLC, and Susan Ingram Mediation & Coaching.
- Web development duties include the conceptualization, design, and execution of standards-compliant web sites, as well as SEO, promotion, and on-going maintenance of the sites, as well as social media tools to best meet client goals.
- Provide consulting and client training in content creation and best-use across the Social Media landscape including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, Quora, Goodreads, and other targeted networks.
- Co-host weekly, Twitter-based discussion sessions (Design Community Twitter Hours) with graphic designers, web development and other creative professionals from around the globe.
- Developed and implemented cloud-based CRM system for non-profit client utilizing Salesforce.com and other 3rd party services.
11/2001 – 07/2005
American Repertory Ballet/ARB’s Princeton Ballet School – Marketing Director
New Brunswick, NJ
- Responsible for the marketing, promotion, and press activities for New Jersey’s leading professional ballet company, and largest ballet school.
- Led an organizational rebranding effort, focusing on the development of a new corporate logo, and design standards.
- Designed and developed organization’s website and organizational intranet.
- Coordinated vendor relationships for the production of marketing pieces.
- Negotiated contract with outside booking agency for national and international touring representation.
- Increased school enrollments by 11% in FY02 through direct mail and traditional space advertising mix.
03/1998 – 11/2001
Association of Performing Arts Presenters – Communications Director
- Responsible for the marketing of the Annual Members Conference, at the time the largest US performing arts trade show, resulting in 40% growth in attendance between FY99 and FY01.
- Led the development team of a B2B web portal, combining data from regional, genre-specific, and national service organizations into a comprehensive source for the business of presenting the performing arts.
- Represented the organization at regional trade events and member site visits.
- Redesigned the association’s website, instituting design standards, e-commerce, and discussion groups.
- Instituted online job bank, drawing 20% of web site traffic within 10 months of launch.
- Instituted branding strategies resulting in 22% growth in membership between FY99 and FY01.
01/1994 – 03/1998
Environmental Law Institute – Director of Marketing
- Coordinated marketing efforts for publications, periodicals, and membership for leading legal association.
- Marketing responsibilities included management of print design, mailing list acquisition, print buying, order processing, customer service, and fulfillment.
- Increased FY96 publication sales, exceeding sales goals, with 20% budget surplus.
- Led cross-functional team in re-design of website.
- Supervised three-person customer service/fulfillment department.
- Implemented computerized order processing/customer service system, increasing departmental productivity.
- Assisted in co-publication contract negotiations for CD-ROM product.
CRC Press, Inc.
Boca Raton, FL
02/1992 – 01/1994
Marketing Manager, Environmental Science
03/1991 – 02/1992
Product Manager, Distributed Products
06/1990 – 03/1991
Market Planning Assistant
- Sony Acid XPress
- Sony CD Architect
- Sony DVD Architect
- Sony Vegas
- HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP customization
- Quark XPress
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Adobe DreamWeaver
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Act-On, Cvent
- Microsoft Office programs
Bachelor of Arts Degree